Sunday, June 13, 2010

Poem

1: Sometimes
In the darkest of nights
When the coldest of breezes rips through my walls
When the hottest of summers forces me to sleep upon my sheets instead of under
I lie and think
And my mind skips from plain to plain
Skips from thought to thought
Skips from idea to idea
But it always lands on you
In the end
It always manages to land on you
And for maybe a minute or two my heart may flutter
And beat frantically
Happily
And I close my eyes and smile
Reaching across the sheets for your hand
And then my heart drops
It stutters in mid air for half a second
And then falls like a concrete block to dark pits of my ribcage
And I let my hand tighten to a fist
And tears lick down my cheeks
While I remember
While I realize
Your so far away

Sincerely, Katie B

No comments:

Post a Comment